About Me

My photo
Just a twentysomething living my life and, as most my age, figuring it out as I go,

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Sub-Spring Break Snow

 So the Southerner in me is coming out tonight as I, along with thousands of other Harding students, freak out about the mid-March snowfall. The rumor spread all day long, but it was too sunny and relatively warm to actually seem plausible. But tonight, as we headed to Spring Sing practice, we saw the first signs of the snow to come. Halfway through the practice, huge globs of snowflakes began to fall. By the time we got done, the cars and grass were covered in about half an inch of snow.
So naturally, I called my mom to tell her of the crazy phenomenon. After sharing that news, we got back to our dorm to make hot chocolate, and listen to the thumps of people throwing snowballs in the courtyard. Needless to say, I am praying for a snow day tomorrow-even though it's a long shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment