About Me

My photo
Just a twentysomething living my life and, as most my age, figuring it out as I go,

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Romans 7:15

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do." 
I think I am finally beginning to understand Paul. I have loved this verse for quite a while now, but its clicking. And I am not meaning in huge, dramatic tones. But I do things I used to hate. Like having sandy feet. When I was a child, I HATED sandy feet but I  strolled along the shoreline and then slid my burlap TOMS back on. Who am I? 
And what I used to love, I now hate. Going to the mall now is next to miserable. I hate being around so much unfair consumerism. It makes my stomache turn just thinking about it. And I do not understand what I do. But maybe that's because I have been changed forever. I have grown more into the person God's calling me to be. And I'll take it sandy feet and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment