About Me

My photo
Just a twentysomething living my life and, as most my age, figuring it out as I go,

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

21 Years Ago

In the beautiful words of a friend "21 years ago, God breathed life into you."
Hey, hey! Today was my 21st birthday. Man time flies! It was an interesting day to say the least. Never fun to have to go to school on your birthday, but also so thankful for the friends who surround me with love not just today, but every day. 
All day I couldn't help but remember back to a year ago when I celebrated leaving my teen years while in Greece with an incredible HUG (Harding University in Greece) family, and even more specially, spent the evening helping in a soup kitchen in downtown Athens. NBD. 
My friend Ashley and I at the metro station on our way to Athens.

Some of my other HUG family washing dishes at the soup kitchen.

But today, as wishes came in from 3 different continents and 6 different countries, I was reminded of how big God is and how much he has blessed me in the 21 years since he first breathed the breath of life into me.


Just some highlights from today.


Coffee date with one of the most beautiful people I know. 
She is one of the brightest lights in my life.


While at dinner with a few friends, my sweet ΔΓΡ beau bought me a piece of cake.
Of course I broke lent to eat this piece of chocolatey heaven! 
Good thing I'm not actually Catholic.


My wonderful, beautiful friends made me a mustache cake! 
I could not be happier!!!!


Although I didn't manage to do all of them today,
dedicated my 21st birthday to 21 random acts of kindness.
Do not fear, they will all be accomplished soon!


Today had some rough moments, which initially made it hard to enjoy my birthday cause I was upset about not being incredibly ecstatic. However, I was constantly reminded of God's greatness and shown in at least a hundred ways the love of those around me.

Here's to living my 21st year of life!
The only thing that could make it better would be Sean Lowe...



No comments:

Post a Comment