About Me

My photo
Just a twentysomething living my life and, as most my age, figuring it out as I go,

Friday, April 12, 2013

Isaiah 1:17

"Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow."

I have sort of taken this verse on as my mission statement. But as I spent half of the night last night, joined in with others fighting to raise our voices against trafficking, it echoed over and over in my head. And one of the most beautiful sounds is tired voices singing together at 1am, passionately. Not like a forced, robotic sound; but giving everything they have left in them as voices strain and eyes are heavy. I'm so thankful to see people at my school standing up for something that has been breaking God's heart for longer than we even can grasp. Maybe we just stood outside and signed a paper, but it's those steps that will lead to more action and more movement. And that's worth the sleep deprivation on this Friday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment