About Me

My photo
Just a twentysomething living my life and, as most my age, figuring it out as I go,

Monday, April 22, 2013

How Much More

I ran across this article as I was skimming through Pinterest, like any other college girl during a lunch break. Its 5 stories of celebrities who have not so great reputations and the acts of kindness they take part in regularly. I especially love the Russell Brand story in this article. But just something to chew on for today!
http://www.cracked.com/article_20413_5-heartwarming-stories-to-restore-your-faith-in-celebrities_p2.html
It's pretty incredible to see good in people who, in our culture's eyes, have every right to put themselves above anyone else. And what a reminder that if these people, who have everything they could possibly want materially, can stop and do good for those who don't have it so well off, how much more should we take time each day to help. Especially to any Christians out there, this should be a conviction to step it up and be the Good Samaritan. We hear the story over and over, but never actually stop for the metaphorical traveler lying on the side of the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment