About Me

My photo
Just a twentysomething living my life and, as most my age, figuring it out as I go,

Monday, July 8, 2013

Go in the Strength You Have ::[February 25th, 2013]::

I was scrolling back through my tumblr today, and ran across this post from February. I think it's a sentiment I can stand to hear again and again, so I hope that it blesses you in some way.


"Yesterday at church, we read in Judges the story of Gideon-smallest member of the weakest tribe of Israel. God asked him to do something big, to face the enemies, the Midians. But Gideon counters God’s request with an excuse of “My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family." And how often do I feel like that? The weakest, least qualified person. But God calls Gideon “mighty warrior", He sees something bigger inside of Gideon than he himself can see. 
My favorite part of that passage is when God asks Gideon to go our to face the Midians, he tells him “Go in the strength you have…" (v.14) He tells him to go in the state he is in, not go work out, bulk up, maybe grab some back up, but in whatever shape he is at when the Lord speaks. It is so easy to make excuses when God calls to say “well, let me just finish this thing up" or “I’m not qualified for this, let me train some". But God doesn’t wait on our timing. He uses us in whatever situation we are in, even if it is a crumpled mess on the ground. His strength compensates for “the strength you have" and He accomplishes immensely more than we can ever imagine. 
So today, even in the small things-go in the strength you have. Go let God do great things through you."

No comments:

Post a Comment