About Me

My photo
Just a twentysomething living my life and, as most my age, figuring it out as I go,

Monday, July 8, 2013

I'm a Temple

This past spring semester, I took an aerobics class. I had it every Monday and Wednesday, right after chapel and it was great! I truly enjoyed the class and it showed me ways to have fun working out. During the span of the class, we had to work out a certain number of times for a duration of 40 minutes each week outside of class. It was great, even if it was just popping in a yoga dvd and closing my bedroom door. I felt so much more energized and healthy. 

At the same time, I began to finally set out on my goal of starting my day off with scripture, spending each morning waking up at 7am, reading my Bible for 30 minutes to an hour and then getting ready for chapel. I felt completely energized each morning, so spiritually challenged each day and it felt great! I was getting healthy spiritually and physically, I could just feel it!

Unfortunately, as this year has gone on my resolve has faded. I've become more tired, so no more waking up early to read my Bible. Life has gotten "busy", so no more consistent working out-especially since I don't have that 2 times a week already scheduled in. And I can feel the difference. I am spiritually and physically sluggish. My energy doesn't seem the same as it did previously in the year. And recently, my dad found out he is diabetic-something that apparently runs in my family. So it is time for that resolve to pick back up. I am ready to embrace this journey of real change and getting back to being spiritually and physically healthy! It is crazy how much the two are linked. I've been thinking a lot about gluttony-the forgotten sin. And although, I'm not exactly sure what to say about it yet, I know that it's something I have got to change. No more Sonic shake runs or cookie logs-sad to say. God gave me a temple and I want to use it for His glory! 
So I am ready to embark on this new adventure, trying to whip into shape for the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment