About Me

My photo
Just a twentysomething living my life and, as most my age, figuring it out as I go,

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Life's An Adventure

"Life's an Adventure"
I have sort of adopted this as my montra since I got back from my semester abroad. Travel really opens your eyes to the little happinesses in life, so last summer I sought out seeing the mundane as an adventure. Overall, I'd say its going well-some days more than others. Somedays I get lost in the drone of routine, forgetting to look at the little gifts throughout my day and to smile. And recently I have had the thought cross my mind that I am not living an adventurous life! I am guilty of watching a few too many movies instead of hiking to a new nearby peak, or studying instead of going on a weekend trip someplace new. But I say "nay!" That's where the challenge is! Its easy to see adventure in spending time in a new country or in going on an outdoorsy challenge of caving or hiking. But the hidden adventure is seeing the joy in a low key night with friends. Or even more difficult, finding it amidst school work or jobs. That's part of growing up-which I don't plan to fully do any time soon, but its nice to see a glimmer of it every now and then.
Don't forget to be adventurous in big ways, but don't overlook it in the little ways either. It may just be hiding in the shadows! Each day is exciting and joy-filled, we just seem to overlook it.

No comments:

Post a Comment