About Me

My photo
Just a twentysomething living my life and, as most my age, figuring it out as I go,

Friday, May 17, 2013

I Love Irony

Irony is probably my favorite form of rhetoric. And it has been very apparent in my life recently.
My latest show of this has been in what this summer holds. A few weeks before school ended, I wrote down a prayer for this summer-that I wouldn't be alone, that I would be given opportunities to serve, that He would use me in doing a Justice Seminar, and that I would find a job for the summer.
I had forgotten about that until Tuesday night. I flipped to the back of the notebook where I'd written it, and reread this plea.
I had no clue that before noon the next day, He would have answered every bit of that prayer. That, my friends, is irony!
Also, on a funnier note, the past two summers, the same day I am just steps away from turning my application in at Chickfila, God sets another job in front of me. I think maybe that's a sign that I shouldn't be working at Chickfila! (But I'll still,be eating there!)
Irony is the most intriguing thing to me, especially when you really give it the appreciation it deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment