About Me

My photo
Just a twentysomething living my life and, as most my age, figuring it out as I go,

Monday, February 24, 2014

Girl Post: Cheetah Nail Art DIY

When I'm stressed, I paint my nails. It helps me to be able to focus on that one thing and feel like I'm being productive. So last night, I decided to try out this cheetah print nail art that I saw on Instagram. I'm kind of obsessed, might be trying it in many different colors until I find some new design that I feel I can manage.
Anyway, I wanted to pass on how to make your own cheetah print nail art!

You need:
3 colors of nail polish (particularly your base color, white and black-but feel free to get creative!)
Top coat
Pointed tip or very tiny paint brush (I used an old ball point pen with a sharp tip)
Cotton ball or tissue

[Step 1] Paint your base color. The one I saw was purple; I decided on a slate so it would go with more.
[Step 2] Once your base dries, take white polish and make sporadic dots on your nail as desired.
[Step 3] Taking your pointed tip-in my case a pen, blot some of your black polish onto the tip and dab around the edges of the white dot. 
As you do this, you may need to use your tissue or cotton ball to wipe off excess polish from the tip so you can keep your strokes small.
[Step 4] Fill in the areas around your dots with smaller dots of black paint and little squiggles, as you see fit. 
[Step 5] Once the spots have dried some, paint your top coat over the whole nail and let it dry completely. 

I did mine a little to close to bed time, and made a couple blanket impressions while I slept. Lesson learned. 

Here is the video tutorial I saw from "theStyleChick" on Instagram, in case you're a visual learner like me.

Go crazy and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment